Asst Product & Design Manager
Date Posted:28 November 2023
Work Hours:Full Time
Our client is a fast paced and demanding sourcing office with global operations. They now have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Product & Design Manager focused on a broad spread of product including all baby and older childrenswear, schoolwear and mens casualwear to join their sourcing office in Sri Lanka.
Asst Product & Design Manager – The role:
- Develop a strong, transparent working relationship with the UK buying teams, providing advice and support on design concepts for new and existing products.
- Work with the development team and support / motivate them to ensure excellent service levels to the buyers.
- Keep internal teams and suppliers constantly informed and up-to-date on new trends, programmes, techniques and opportunities suitable for the customer.
- Proactively provide the UK teams with new techniques, ideas, wash projects, printing and factories.
- Constantly look at moving fabrics on and ensure a great range of textured to basic fabrics are presented at the beginning of every season and throughout when identified.
- Work closely with the design team to ensure the right product is worked on in the region, and our fashion product offer is moving forward constantly.
- Support the development team on all aspects of development (design pack handover, factory choice, technique, production viability) to ensure the product offered to the UK will be the right product at the right price within the right lead time.
- Identifying local staff, training and coaching these individuals to look at product and provide product input across each product category.
- Ensure samples leave Sri Lanka looking aesthetically correct and review all samples prior to dispatch.
- Seek out new suppliers to constantly keep our offer fresh, new and at the right price.
- Manage departmental budgets and offer ways to improve the year-on-year mix.
- Suggest improvements to grow the business within UK departments.
- Pitch for key programmes with the right offer / timing / price.
- Strengthen connectivity across our offices – work with other territories to enhance our teamwork.
Asst Product & Design Manager – The candidate:
- You will have at least 5 years of experience in a similar product area and working with European retailers.
- Experience of working with both jersey and wovens, including denim, would be ideal.
- A degree in Fashion Design or equivalent.
- Must be results oriented with personal drive, initiative, motivation and resilience.
- Excellent negotiation /communication skills and able to influence and persuade.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are key.
- Able to make decisions, problem solve and be both analytical and strategic thinking.
- An innovative and creative thinker
- Strong leadership and coaching skills.
- Commercial acumen – organised and a good planner.
- Expertise in Photoshop or Illustrator and the ability to hand draw.
Asst Product & Design Manager - The Package:
- Attractive salary with beneficial taxes
- Other benefits –
Housing and transport allowances, home trip and business travel to UK , relocation assistance, membership of exclusive expat clubs/gym, health insurance, etc
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Search GDPR policy.